Are protein shakes safe during pregnancy?
Protein powder is safe during pregnancy if you are using a high-quality protein powder full of tested and organic ingredients. This is really important when choosing a protein powder for pregnancy. A safe protein powder must include the following:
- tested ingredients for heavy metals
- Free of artificial sweeteners
- No fillers or chemicals
- Produced in the US
- organic fruits and veggies
- chelated minerals
- active versions of B vitamins
- folate, rather than folic acid
How much protein do you need during pregnancy?
Pregnancy puts extra protein demands on your body. According to experts, most pregnant women need anywhere between 70-100 grams per day. That is obviously a wide range, but that is based upon your height and weight. The amount of protein you need increases with your height and lean muscle mass. Bump Dust helps you achieve your protein needs without having to eat six eggs a day. Many pregnant mamas have aversions to foods, but Bump Dust offers a sweet and delicious way to consume extra protein with very little sugar.
lactation blend can prepare your body for breastfeeding once baby arrives!
Lactation herbs like fenugreek, fennel seed, milk thistle and brewer’s yeast support hormone health and breast health in non-lactating women, which includes pregnancy. By starting during pregnancy, you are preparing your body to product breast milk after birth!
Protein is essential for a fit life. Protein powder is very beneficial during pregnancy because it offers many nutritional benefits for both mama and baby, as well as a healthy way to manage weight gain and appetite. In short, protein powder, specifically Bump Dust offers numerous benefits including:
Benefits of Protein Powder During Pregnancy:
- Protein which is a very important macro nutrient during pregnancy
- Folate for developing baby
- Chromium for blood sugar control
- Spirulina and Chlorella for iron and antioxidants
- Omega-3s from chia seeds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Vitamin B 12 for energy and baby’s development
- Red Raspberry Leaf for uterus health and strength
- Turmeric for blood sugar control and antioxidants
- Chromium for fluid balance and blood sugar control
- Magnesium for fluid balance and swelling
This information is coming straight from the Milk Dust Website! Please don’t hesitate to check it out and see what it is all about, especially if you are pregnant and maintaining a fit lifestyle or just getting into a fit lifestyle.